Benefits of Custom Battery Packs
Using custom packs rather than designing the product to accommodate a particular range of cells allows the designer more flexibility to optimise the product performance and cost for the intended market.
- No Compromises Custom battery packs are tailored to the precise electrical and mechanical requirements of the application. The pack can be integrated into the products mechanical design providing more styling freedom and a professional finish.
- Better Reliability Positive, welded connections between cells provide more reliable connections than the spring contacts necessary with replaceable standard cells.
- Safety Sealed battery packs help prevent customer unintended or deliberate abuse. They also ensure that the customer uses only approved cells and chargers specifically designed for the application.
- Lower Costs Because the cells can be fixed in position, the pack construction can be made using less materials saving both weight and cost.
- Manufacturing Convenience Fewer components to manage. Fewer design headaches
- Captive Aftermarket This can be a profit opportunity since custom designs help to keep control of the replacement and accessories market. Designs can be made to ensure that only approved, compatible accessories such as chargers can be used.
- Sourcing from a Specialist Packmaker
- Access to specialist expertise and production facilities.
- Release of engineers to concentrate on core product development.
- Possible shorter development times.
- Shared cost benefits of packmaker's overall cell purchasing volumes.
- Big savings on working capital.
See how these benefits can be achieved in the section on Battery Pack Design